Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Updated UVA UVB Medical Marijuana Study Results

Updated UVA UVB Medical Marijuana Study Results

I am pleased to say I have done another round of UVA UVB testing and it has been completed.

The objective was to determine if the location of the UVA UVB lighting effects the entire plant or just the area in which the lighting was placed.

I had the lighting placed on one side of the plant for the entire bloom cycle. Normally I would have them overhead. Then after the cycle was over I took samples from both sides of the plant. I sent in both samples that I had taken for testing.

The test results showed that only the side facing the lighting increased 5% from 23% to 28%!

This is a very important finding. Not only is the fruit closest to our grow lighting 3-5% stronger with the addition of UVA UVB lighting it will also increase the potency another 3-5% only where the UVA UVB lighting is placed.

With this testing completed it will be important to locate lighting all around the plant as much as possible or directly overhead. I previously used the Reptisun 10.0 UVA UVB 4ft T8 bulbs. I am now using the Reptisun 10.0 UVA UVB T5 4ft bulbs. They are 2x stronger and will penetrate deeper into the canopy.

Next round of testing will be to see if waiting till last 2 weeks of bloom to turn on the UVA UVB lighting will still result in the dame 3_5% increase.

Link to Reptisun 10.0 UVA UVB T5 HO 4FT bulbs UVA

How To Grow Medical Marijuana Like A pro

2 comments: